I can confirm that it doesn’t work on android 2.3.3, but I’m happy to have any text showing up there at all. I often run my mobile browser with images disabled to speed it up when I’m not on wireless, and Android doesn’t show alt tags, which caused a blank space where my site title should have been. After googling the problem I decided that switching the header to a web font was the best solution. I’m not too upset if the display on older devices isn’t perfect as long as they are functional. I once reached to the same conclusion about making web sites look good in IE6 and IE7. Once the newer browsers reached a certain point of market saturation I concluded that jut making stuff work on <=IE7 was good enough.
The Android 4.3 Galaxy emulator that comes with Android Developer Tools/Eclipse also doesn’t display the font, but I don’t know how close that is to the real world.