cache not working with the pro version

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher cache not working with the pro version

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve Gordon

I am having a problem obtaining consistent switching with your pro plugin. I have recently added Total Cache to my site and I test the site using a Kindle HDX that allows me to request either a desktop or mobile view. I have added amts_mobile_theme to the rejected cookies box as per your instructions. The themes I’m using are Graphene and Graphene Neo. Just when I think everything is working correctly, the Kindle will not display the requested theme (i.e.- I get the desktop when requesting the mobile.) If I clear the cache at the WP site, it will work again. This doesn’t happen all the time (maybe once or twice a day) so I haven’t isolated what is happening. Do you have any suggestions?

I also have a user agent switch on my desktop and will try switching views the next time this happens.

Steve Gordon

Additional information: Only the homepage (a static page at rackinghorselane.com) will forget that it should get the mobile version when it is requested on a Kindle requesting a mobile view or an Ipod. The rest of the pages always give the mobile view to mobile viewer. If I’m getting the desktop view on the homepage of my mobile viewer in error and I clear the cache in Total Cache, refresh will give the mobile version. Then awhile later (an hour or two??) the homepage will be wrong again. Finally, if I change the User Agent switch in the latest Firefox to be IOS7 Safari 7, I see the mobile version on my desktop. IS it a setting or something about the way the Kindle and the iPod are requesting?

Steve Gordon

Added to my previous post: Finally, if I change the User Agent switch in the latest Firefox to be IOS7 Safari 7, I see the mobile version on my desktop EVEN WHEN THE KINDLE AND IPOD ARE STILL SHOWING THE WRONG VIEW. Is it a setting or something about the way the Kindle and the iPod are requesting?

Steve Gordon

I’m sorry about all of these add on posts. On a hunch, I signed out of my word press site and tried the IOS 7 User Agent Switch and the desktop (posing as a Iphone) is wrong just like the Ipod and the Kindle. All three devices are showing the desktop version on the homepage only, when a mobile is being requested. I’m not sure why being signed in on the same machine as the User Agent Switch request to my site would make the User agent switch work properly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘cache not working with the pro version’ is closed to new replies.