Changing Permalinks disables all fonts

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Changing Permalinks disables all fonts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ron Smith

I’ve been trying to get Permalinks changed from the ugly to the pretty links. When I change to postname permalinks though, the fonts I’ve previously uploaded and which were working fine under the ugly permalinks are not working then. Its obviously a directory location issue for the fonts, but I would appreciate your instructions on what is the best solution here?

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Please deactivate and reactivate the plugin again. This forces the plugin to re-write font path as new settings.

Thanks

Ron Smith

Hi, Dinesh.

Maybe I misunderstood… I changed the permalinks to postname, and deactivated and then reactivated the Use Any Font polugin.

I saw no difference.

What am I missing?

Ron

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

In that case, can you please send me your site url here ? I will check and let you know.

Thanks

Ron Smith

Home

Do I need to change the permalinks to post name now or later? Is there anything else you will need?

Ron

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

When i try to access you site, it ask for login details. Can you please remove that, so that i can check it here.

Thanks

Ron Smith

Hi, Dinesh.

I’ve sent you credentials for my web site so that you can have admin access. I’ve returned the Permalinks to the default so that you can see what the site is supposed to look like, too.

Thanks a bunch!

Ron

Ron Smith

Hi, Dinesh.

Per our email conversation, I found and fixed the problem. It occurs when using the UAM (User Access Manager) plugin. What happens is that UAM installs a .htaccess file in the uploads folder and prevents Use Any Font from retrieving the font when I changed the permalinds to anything but the default!

UAM setting

Also, if anyone is using Mac OS X Server, and you are changing permalinks, you need to make sure that you have this in the Advanced Settings in the OS X Server App, or Permalinks won’t work.

OS X Server and Permalinks

Hope this helps!

Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Permalinks disables all fonts’ is closed to new replies.