Custom elements for dropcaps

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Custom elements for dropcaps

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heidi

1) I’ve added the following code to the style.css sheet in my child theme.

.dropcapManual {
    float:left;
    font-size:4em;
    color: #2A388F;
    margin-right:0.10em;
    line-height:90%;
    text-shadow: 0.05em 0.05em #C0C0C0;
    }

2) It works great when I call it in the html of a page or a post using:
    <span class=”dropcapManual”>S</span>omething

3) I need to add the custom elements function in UseAnyFont to control the font of the dropcap.

I’ve tried all kinds of assignments but it doesn’t change the appearance of the dropcap.

.dropcapManual
    #dropcapManual

Neither of those work.

4) I know my UseAnyFont is working because I’ve used it elsewhere on the site.

What am I missing. Site is http://www.spirulida.com

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Heidi,

I checked your site but couldn’t find any span having dropcapManual as class. Is that in some other page ? Can you send me the url of that page ?

Thanks

Heidi

Home

The dropcap is in the “S” of Spirulida in the 1st paragraph – the big, blue “S”. The dropcampanual class is assigned in the page section where the rest of the paragraph is entered.

see below:_____
    <div><span class=”dropcapManual”>S</span>pirulida celebrates innovation from the juxtaposition of complementary opposites and . . . .</div>
    _______

I’ve changed the font of the body using UseAnyFont and the “Assign font” in the upper section (above the section to assign using custom elements.) Do assignments in the custom elements area override mass assignments made in the above section? Could that be interfering?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Heidi,

You have just kept dropcapManual in the custom element box. Please use .dropcapManual (dot included here). And this should work.

Thanks

Heidi

Thanks Dinesh but, as I mentioned in my first question I initial question I have already tried this and it didn’t work. The font did not change. I tried it again and still no change. Do u have any other ideas? Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Heidi,

I have already check this using firebug here and it works. Issue is you haven’t assign it properly.

Now, you have used .dropcapmanual but it should be .dropcapManual. (uppercase issue here).

If this is still not working for you. Please send me your wp-admin details at dnesscarkey (AATT) gmail (d00t) com. We will fix this.

Thanks

Heidi

Oh my, tripped up by a capital. And I know better. Totally works now. Thanks for your patience. H

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Heidi,

Glad it is working now.

If the plugin is working fine for you, can you please post a review for us at https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/use-any-font?filter=5 ?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom elements for dropcaps’ is closed to new replies.