Doesn't use mobile theme

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Doesn't use mobile theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fergal

I got the pro plugin so that I could use it with WP Total Cache, but have been having some problems. Once I clear the cache the first theme I view will be the one that sticks. For example, if I clear the cache and visit on mobile the desktop theme will also be set to mobile? How can I fix this?

Dinesh
    Keymaster
    Van

I’m having the same issue. All my desktop users are seeing the mobile version after the W3 Total Cache was activated. Even after following the tutorial and cleaning the cache.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Van,

Please keep this in Rejected user agent : under Page Cache of W3 total cache menu

acer\ s100
    android
    archos5
    bada
    bb10
    blackberry9500
    blackberry9530
    blackberry9550
    blackberry\ 9800
    cupcake
    docomo\ ht\-03a
    dream
    froyo
    googlebot-mobile
    htc\ hero
    htc\ magic
    htc_dream
    htc_magic
    iemobile/7.0
    incognito
    ipad
    iphone
    ipod
    kindle
    lg\-gw620
    liquid\ build
    maemo
    mot\-mb200
    mot\-mb300
    nexus\ one
    nexus\ 7
    opera\ mini
    s8000
    samsung\-s8000
    series60.*webkit
    series60/5\.0
    sonyericssone10
    sonyericssonu20
    sonyericssonx10
    t\-mobile\ mytouch\ 3g
    t\-mobile\ opal
    tattoo
    touch
    webmate
    webos

Hope this helps. Also, make sure you have cleared W3 Total Cache after these changes.

Molmi

Hello, as a AMS Pro and W3 total cache user i haved the same issue, solved! but…

After adding the user agent list rejection the switching works again, Good! But unfortnnaly i notice that caching woks now only for destktop version and not mobile. is there a possibility to have cache also work for mobile?

In case if it could help:
    When the issue was present, i notice that the same theme was effective only in front page (desktop and mobile). for other page rooting between themes with catching worked well.

thank you in advance.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Molmi,

No matter of the theme used, the url remains same for mobile and desktop. So W3 Total Cache can’t cache different page for same url. So here with the rejected agent listed above, we set W3 Total cache not to cache the mobile pages.

Hope it make sense. Sorry about the limitation.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Doesn't use mobile theme’ is closed to new replies.