Encoding issue [solved]

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Encoding issue [solved]

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dinesh 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #2848

    William Lopes

    I noticed this issue with encoding when I installed the pro version. The plugin adds this this following line right on the beginning of <?php the_content(); ?> in the mobile theme:

    <!–?xml version=”1.0″ standalone=”yes”?–>

    This was making the first tag of the content to show weird characters instead of what should be accented characters. It was a big problem as my website is in Portuguese and we use a lot of accented characters.

    I made some tests with the non-pro version and the weird characters was showing up in the desktop theme but not in all posts, I don’t know why.

    To solve this I looked for the code that was adding the xml line in the content and I found this line twice in the file any-mobile-theme-switcher-pro.php (version 1.5 pro):

    add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘amtsp_make_phone_clickable’, 20);

    So all I did was commenting out those lines and the problem is gone. I’m not sure what those lines should do but the plugin is working properly so far.

    I’m telling this so the plugin creator can solve this bug in the next version and to help people that are having this same issue with this version.

    Thank you!



    Hi William,

    Thanks for reporting about the issues.

    I will fix and send new update soon.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Encoding issue [solved]’ is closed to new replies.