Font different on PC/Android

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Font different on PC/Android

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Claes

Hello

I used this great plugin, and it works perfect on PC Chrome and IE.

On my phone and android tablet the fonts do not appear.

What am I doing wrong?

http://simone.xn--snedkerkkken-2jb.dk/

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Claes,

I don’t have Andriod right now to test. I will check it when i am in office.

Thanks for your patience.

Claes

Hi again

Any progress?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Claes,

Sorry for late reply. Ya, i saw the problem and sending the fix. Some font are not supported.

I think it will take about week for the update or will send you the fix file before that.

Thank you for your patience.

Andre Jacob

Hello,

Fonts works everywhere (Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, Safari, Firefox, etc.) excepts on Android devices (Tried it on a rooted Kindle).
    First font shows but no other. Site I’m working on is inforelais.ca

Thanks for looking into this.

A.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

Ya, we were aware of this and we are working with it. Problem is some Andriod browsers are not supporting specific fonts. So trying to find a solution that works for all fonts and Android browser.

We are thinking to release a new version in week or 2 and trying to include this fix with it.

Thanks

Andre Jacob

Thanks!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please check this in your andriod devices and let me know the out come ?

Please specify your device name and Andriod version used.

Use Any Font Demo

Thanks

Andre Jacob

Sorry for the delay, you should’ve email me… No luck, just one font showing. I’m looking at it on an old Kindle Fire.

Andre Jacob

…you know, it shows exactly like on a Mac or PC…1 big font.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Can you let me know your Andriod version ?

Thanks

Andre Jacob

I think it’s 2.3.3 (I’m on a first generation Kindle Fire).

Zoey Grey

I can confirm that it doesn’t work on android 2.3.3, but I’m happy to have any text showing up there at all. I often run my mobile browser with images disabled to speed it up when I’m not on wireless, and Android doesn’t show alt tags, which caused a blank space where my site title should have been. After googling the problem I decided that switching the header to a web font was the best solution. I’m not too upset if the display on older devices isn’t perfect as long as they are functional. I once reached to the same conclusion about making web sites look good in IE6 and IE7. Once the newer browsers reached a certain point of market saturation I concluded that jut making stuff work on <=IE7 was good enough.

The Android 4.3 Galaxy emulator that comes with Android Developer Tools/Eclipse also doesn’t display the font, but I don’t know how close that is to the real world.

Sirina

Hello,

I have installed your wonderful plugin “Use any Font”. I need it for a font with some very special characters. For example, there are some letters with dot below (ṛ,ṣ,ṇ ect…). The plugin works very fine on my PC. I have tried it with Firefox, IE and Chrome.

But unfortunately it doesn’t work with all browsers on my android Mobile. On my mobile it works only with Firefox.

Do you have any idea to resolve my problem, please? Maybe you could help me with some of your suggestions.

Please excuse my poor English.

Many, many thanks,
    with lots of love,
    Sirina

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Font different on PC/Android’ is closed to new replies.