Fon't not working in Mobile (iOS) view

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Fon't not working in Mobile (iOS) view

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Monno

I used Any Font (purchased version) to install the following fonts: Gotham – Bold and Gotham – Book. For some reason, the “Gotham – Book” fonts wouldn’t show up consistently on my iPhone – I had thought it was an issue with the theme I was using, but they worked it out and sent me the following:

—-
    “I spotted the problem, you are using Use Any Font and a font which does not seem to work on Safari. Most likely you are using a format that is not supported in iOS because it’s working just fine on Android (tested on Galaxy S6, Android 5.0).

I would recommend getting in touch with the plugin developer so that they can take a look and suggest a solution. In the meantime, you could disable the plugin or choose another font for the text. ”

—-

I have had to use a different font for the mobile version of the sections I had used Gotham-Book for… The font worked on the desktop browsers and in Android, just not iOS. The current site is working now with the alternative font, so there isn’t much point in looking at the site at the moment.

We really want this specific font on all areas of the website, so I would like to know why it is not working on iOS…?

Can you help at all?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Monno,

Since you have already removed the font i am unable to check it. So can you please create a test site here and upload the font ? This shouldn’t take more than 2 mins. http://useanyfont.com/test-drive

After that please do send me the test url and the browser, IOs version. I will check it in same environment and see if i can find any fixes for it.

Thanks

Monno

Hi,

I have made a test page on the same site – http://www.thelittlechristmasco.com.au/test/

Half of the paragraph text is missing – but is all the same font, and the wording in the Contact message field and Button are missing – just on iOS

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Monno,

I am getting the coming soon page there and can’t check that page. Any chance you can allow me to see it ? May be you can send me the admin details ? Please do send it using the contact us form.

PS: Please don’t post any login credentials here. This is public forum.

Thanks

Monno

Hi Dinesh,

Yes, i have set up a second “Coming soon” page as a “test” page – but if you look at it on mobile iOS view, the second half of the main paragraph doesn’t show, as well as the test in the message field and the submit button….

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Monno,

Ya got the issue in many Ios devices. But quite different to me. Can’t see any text at all when viewing most of the Ios devices. For reference, you can check this https://www.browserstack.com/screenshots/350d8d014f0ee143517dfd97fdb2d46bbbdd59fe

Any chance you can send me your wp-admin details at dnesscarkey (ATT) gmail (D00t) com ? I will try few other combination and see if that helps.

Thanks

Monno

I have sent you an email regarding the above

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Monno,

As of now, i haven’t got any email with this issue.

Can you please confirm you sent it in the given email address ?

Thanks

Monno

Apologies, I missed an “s” in the address. I have resent now 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Fon't not working in Mobile (iOS) view’ is closed to new replies.