Mobile theme is shown only sometimes in a phone, sometimes it's the desktop vers

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Mobile theme is shown only sometimes in a phone, sometimes it's the desktop vers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Susan

If you directly type in the URL OR if you search from google and click on the link, sometimes you get the mobile theme and sometimes you get the full desktop version. There seems to be no pattern to which will be displayed.

1. There are no caching plugins on the website.
    2. we are using a child theme on the Genesis framework GenesisVersion: 2.2.5
    3. the mobile theme we are using is Now

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Can you please make sure you don’t have server cache ? Some hosting have server cache enabled.

Thanks

Susan

Hi Dinesh,

I’ll test that.

However, the same server has other websites on it using Mobile Theme Switcher and those websites work fine, while this one does not. Did you see how it will only occasionally show the mobile theme in a phone?

Any other things for me to try?

Susan

Is this a query from mobile theme switcher?
    SELECT option_value
    FROM wp_options
    WHERE option_name = ‘ithemes-sync-authenticated’
    LIMIT 1

I see one other query loading before it. It’s:
    SELECT option_value
    FROM wp_options
    WHERE option_name = ‘itsec_message_queue’
    LIMIT 1

Could that be interfering with mobile theme switcher being able to identify the device?

Susan

I went ahead and deactivated the plugin that uses that query. I am still seeing the same problem.

Susan

I turned off varnish caching on the server and tested the mobile site. It has the same problems, so this is not the issue.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Those query are not our plugin related.

I am so sorry here but i am unable to suggest any solutions currently. I still think some sort of cache is taking over there.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile theme is shown only sometimes in a phone, sometimes it's the desktop vers’ is closed to new replies.