Phone number validation

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Phone number validation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott

Hello.  Can you please tell me if it’s possible to validate a US phone number with Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7?

I see “phoneUS( )” at listed at http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Validation/CustomMethods/phoneUS, but using class phoneUS doesn’t seem to work.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Ya but due to use of class in field to specify validation rules, it is very difficult to assign all the rules that are available in Jquery validation plugin.

As for now, the plugin can only validate number and can’t validate phone number.

David Hurst

Hi there,
    I recently downloaded your plugin in the hope that it might allow me to validate phone numbers.
    After digging around I realised that this is based on the validate plugin for jQuery, the documentation and samples of which contain an additional file called ‘additional-methods.js’.
    Would it be possible to modify your plugin to load this additional file, thereby extending the classes available?
    Where would it need to be included, and would anything else be required?
    Sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I’m not very experienced with plugins or jQuery at this stage, and desperately need to get this form sorted out.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance.

David

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Yes you can. But you should have some jquery validation working knowledge.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Phone number validation’ is closed to new replies.