Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Leah

Hmm, I can’t seem to find any of the older versions of the plugin within the WP directory or on the CF7 site. I don’t want to restore a backup from that long ago, as I’ve made many many changes since then. Any idea where I can find previous versions of CF7 to roll back to?

One more note: the latest CF7 update from just a few days ago seems to have broken just about every CF7-related plugin due to a significant change in how forms are processed. I haven’t tested it with this plugin (I’m waiting for these issues to be resolved before updating CF7 any further), but my guess is that there might be some incompatibility in that regard as well. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I empathize with the lack of support in the CF7 forums. It’s very hard to get a response from the developer.

Jamie

Having same issue after new CF7 update with this plugin preventing form submissions. I can deactivate the validation plugin and it forms send as intended, or I can go back to the previous version of CF7 using the validation plugin and it works fine. I hope you are able to find a solution to this.

Søren Kjelsturp

Hi Dinesh,
    So I purchased as well, but since it does not work like the above I will deactivate for now.

I, however, do very much like what the plug-in has to offer and will wait very patiently for an update.
    Do you have any idea of the timeframe we are looking at here?

Kimberly

Hello,
    I’m experiencing the same issue i.e., a message is not sent upon clicking the submit button. I thought it was incompatibility with the WordPress 4.8 release and actually submitted a request earlier today for an update via your contact form.

Can you confirm that the plug-in i.e., jquery validation contact form 7 pro is compatible with WP 4.8? And, if it is, can you let me know how I’d go about obtaining the most current version of wpcf7 which is compatible with jquery validation contact form 7 pro? I’m currently using version 4.8.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. I’ve really enjoyed using your plug-in!

Sincerely,
    Kimberly

Natalie

I have the same issue on my client’s site and it would have been nice if you let everyone who purchased the PRO version know of the incompatibility. Instead, this has cost my client lost contacts (sales) and I have one very angry client on my hands!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hello Everyone here.

I have good news. I was able to fix the problem and as of test for now i have send those fixes in the lite version of the plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-validation-for-contact-form-7/ ). I will send this patch for the pro version next day.

For now, can you please test the lite version works for you ?

Thanks

Leah

Hey Dinesh,

Happy to report that initial tests with the latest version of both plugins appears to be working splendidly. I haven’t done extensive testing yet, so I’ll make another post after I’ve done that, but so far so good.

One thing: it doesn’t look like this plugin is backwards compatible with earlier versions of Contact Form 7, is that true? It works with CF7 4.8, but not 4.7.

Many thanks for this long-awaited update!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

Thank you so much for the test. 🙂

Ya it won’t be working for the older version. Contact From 7 4.8 is must now. For older version, you need to use our old version which we don’t prefer.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events’ is closed to new replies.