Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Leah

Hello,

It appears that this plugin is in conflict with Contact Form 7’s DOM events.

I have added the following event listener in my head:

document.addEventListener( 'wpcf7mailsent', function( event ) {
        location = '/thank-you';
    }, false );

When this plugin is active, it does not work. Once I deactivate this plugin, however, it works just fine.

I also tested it with the wpcf7submit event.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

Do you get any sort of js error in Firefox console ?

Thanks

Leah

No errors in the console either before or on submit (checked in both Chrome and Firefox). The event handler simply doesn’t run.

I do receive the email alerts and they go into our CRM just fine, and everything else about the plugin works great, it just seems to be DOM events that are conflicting.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

I will check this and send a new update asap.

Thanks

Leah

Thanks so much!

Leah

Hey Dinesh,

Any update on this? Is there any additional information that I can provide or troubleshooting that I can do on my end to help identify the issue?

Thanks,
    Leah

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

I am currently working for it. I will send the new update next day.

Thanks

Leah

Awesome, thanks Dinesh. I’m looking forward to the update!

Leah

Hey Dinesh, what’s the status on this?

I thought an update was coming last week?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

I am working in this issue from last week but haven’t got any solution yet. The new update of contact form 7 is not working with ours. I am trying to re-write the code but haven’t got success so far.

Thanks

Leah

Bummer 🙁 Thanks for the update, though!

Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

Leah

Hey Dinesh,

It’s been over two months since I originally reported this issue. Being that the old on_submit and on_sent_ok hooks are being removed from CF7 in favor of the new DOM event objects by the end of this year, and the DOM event objects are not working with this plugin, I feel like this should a pretty high priority.

Have you made any progress toward getting this fixed?

Are there any other methods of implementation or workarounds that I can try?

Thanks.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Leah,

I am really sorry but i am kind of helpless here. I have been trying to re-write the plugin to make it work with the new version. I also tried to get in touch with contact form 7 developer and they haven’t been responsive at all.

So far i haven’t found any work around. The only option i can see currently is to use the older version of the contact form 7. That might do the trick before we have better solution.

Thanks

ozay

Yes not working with new CF7 update.
    Why you put any warning on payment area about this?

Money not important, i spend to many time for setup and understand problem.
    I want refund pls.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ozay,

Please kindly send me your license key using our contact form and we will process it for the refund.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin incompatible with CF7 DOM events’ is closed to new replies.