Social Media Buttons cause conflict with fontawesome

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Social Media Buttons cause conflict with fontawesome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Quin

Hi !

Amazing plugin but the social media buttons aren’t working again causing a conflict with the fontawesome files. I spoke to my hosting admin and he directed me to your plugin forum.

I enabled the buttons and if u check the site they aren’t visible and just squares. Would you be able to help me out and make them work again?

Someone recommended running them via background images or something like that but I’m really bad in CSS and just got basic html knowledge but willing to try.

Looking forward to your reply asap!

Thank you so much
    David Quin
    http://www.davidquin.com

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Please use this css and it should fix your issue.

.socialmedia-widget li a{font-family:FontAwesome !important;}

Thanks

David Quin

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your help!!

I forwarded this to my hosting admin, but he asked which line of the style.css we have to insert it that it affects the Buttons and css?

Thanks
    David Quin

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You don’t need to forward this to hosting. You need to keep this css yourself. For easy, you can use My Custom Css plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-css/ ) and there you can keep this css.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Antonio

Hi! I have the same problem 🙁 how can i solve it?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Antonio,

The issue here is that your social icons are also using the icon font for those icons (best practice). However, our plugin is trying to overwrite that section as well. So those icons are not working.

Please kindly use this css and it should fix your issue.

[class^="icomoon-"], [class*=" icomoon-"]{font-family:"icomoon" !important;}

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Social Media Buttons cause conflict with fontawesome’ is closed to new replies.