Wrong theme loads will randomly load at times

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Wrong theme loads will randomly load at times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bill

Hi there,

We have been using AMTS for a while now and it was working great up until a few months ago. Our problem is that some of the mobile theme styling will sporadically load on desktop browsers, and it won’t go away until we clear the cache or wait a certain period of time. After we do so the correct desktop theme then loads instead of the mobile theme.

We have switched to a new caching system (WP Rocket) from w3-total-cache but the problem has persisted. Do you have any idea what might be causing us this problem?

Thanks for your help

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

As of now our Pro version of the plugin only works with the W3 Total Cache. Our plugin doesn’t support any another cache plugin except it.

Thanks

Bill

I understand, but just so you know the same thing was happening with W3-Total-Cache as well.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Were you using the Pro version of our plugin ? Only pro version works with the W3 total cache.

Thanks

Bill

Hey Dinesh,

So I updated my custom theme a little bit and the issue is much less frequent now, even when I use AMTS with WP Rocket (it has a feature for mobile caching like W3TC).

However I just want to make you aware that there is an issue with the Pro version as my jquery.transit.min.js library would not load on my designated tablet theme and as a result the text ticker in the banner would not scroll to the left, perhaps because multiple instances of the same library were being loaded.

I switched back to the free version of AMTS and the library loads just fine and the ticker’s .transition() function is no longer undefined like it was when I was using the Pro version. Any thoughts on why this might be?

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Any chance you can enable the pro version and let me know ? I will check for the error and try to find the cause for it.

Thanks

botiq

Hi Dinesh, I use the pro version and w3 total cache with APC. I have the same Bill’s problem: sometimes the wrong theme is loaded in mobile or in desktop devices. What can I do?
    Thanks for your helps.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Botiq,

What actually does APC means ? Can you please explain it ?

THanks

botiq

The website is running on a dedicated server apache 2.2.22, mysql 5.5.53,
    php 5.4.45,linux debian, and I installed APC (Alternative PHP Cache), a php extension for caching. In W3 total configuration I selected the APC option for the page caching.
    All the best B.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Botiq,

I think our plugin won’t support APC. Still can you please try this option ? Hope this works.

Please keep this in Rejected user agent : under Page Cache of W3 total cache menu

acer\ s100
    android
    archos5
    bada
    bb10
    blackberry9500
    blackberry9530
    blackberry9550
    blackberry\ 9800
    cupcake
    docomo\ ht\-03a
    dream
    froyo
    googlebot-mobile
    htc\ hero
    htc\ magic
    htc_dream
    htc_magic
    iemobile/7.0
    incognito
    ipad
    iphone
    ipod
    kindle
    lg\-gw620
    liquid\ build
    maemo
    mot\-mb200
    mot\-mb300
    nexus\ one
    nexus\ 7
    opera\ mini
    s8000
    samsung\-s8000
    series60.*webkit
    series60/5\.0
    sonyericssone10
    sonyericssonu20
    sonyericssonx10
    t\-mobile\ mytouch\ 3g
    t\-mobile\ opal
    tattoo
    touch
    webmate
    webos

Hope this helps. Also, make sure your clear all the caches after these changes.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Wrong theme loads will randomly load at times’ is closed to new replies.