accessibility question

Home Forums WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam accessibility question

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erika
    Participant

I’m wondering how I can address this accessibility issue.

This is the html code as it appears from the honeypot:
    <span class=”wpa_hidden_field” style=”display:none;height:0;width:0;”>
    <input type=”text” name=”HONEYPOTFIELDNAME_HERE”>
    </span>

However, this produces a “Missing Form Label” error on WAVE accessibility checking.

one way to partially fix this would be adding the id=honeypot in wpa.js:

wpa_hidden_field = “<span class=’wpa_hidden_field’ style=’display:none;height:0;width:0;’><input type=’text’ name='”+wpa_field_name+”‘ id=’honeypot’ value='”+wpa_unique_id+”‘ /></span>”;

but then would also need to get <label for=”+wpa_field_name+”>honeypot</label> in there somewhere.

How can I implement this? I really want to use this plugin, but I must address accessibility. Thanks.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Erika,

This field is auto filed by our plugin, so user don’t need to fill this. Also, can’t add that as main motive of our plugin is to bot shouldn’t read that field at all.

Thanks

Erika

Right but for accessibility (WCAG) compliance, a website must have labels on form fields. Here is the reason: users who browse the internet with screenreaders sometimes do not enable javascript. Thus, their device reads the form field even from the honeypot. It must be labeled. It is an error on accessibility checks because it is not labeled.

Is there no way to make this plugin WCAG compliant for accessibility? This is the only barrier that I can see, the missing label on the honeypot form fields.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘accessibility question’ is closed to new replies.