Blocked Plugin still got updated

Home Forums Block Plugin Updates Blocked Plugin still got updated

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Denis Charron

I had been using your plugin for a few years. Thank you for your fine work.

I use your plugin to prevent updates to one of my other plugins (Calendar) since I have customized the original PHP in that plugin to suit my needs. I’ve sent my suggested changes to the author but he’s decided to ignore them. So the only choice I have is to block the updates.

Today I noticed that this plugin (Calendar) has been updated. The update happened on 10/01/2019. Since my plugins are never updated automatically, the only way this could have happened is that I manually updated the plugin myself. And since I only do that from the WP Update page, it means that somehow this plugin came up in the list requiring updates and I just ticked the box to select and update “All” plugins in the list. I must have not noticed it appearing in the list. Of course, I was relying on your plugin to prevent it from appearing in the list. I’m using WP 5.0.3 which was updated the same day: 10/01/2019. My guess is that your plugin is no longer working with 5.0.3 but since I have no other plugins that need to be updated, I can’t test it. I’ve kept a copy of my PHP changes and should be able to reconstruct but it would be great if you could fix/confirm that your plugin works. Many thanks.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Denis,

Sorry for the lack of update. Been busy with other plugins. Will update the plugin soon.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Blocked Plugin still got updated’ is closed to new replies.