Checkbox and Radio Buttons

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Checkbox and Radio Buttons

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    prebyter

Hey, i purchased the pro version last week (different mail address) but now i see there is no Checkbox and Radio Button validation in the Demo. Isn’t supported? Currently there is no feedback at all, it just blocks from sending. What would your preferred way to handle this now?

Thanks in advance!

prebyter

Ok, I see there is an error class added to the checkbox, which i can work with. Problem on radio buttons is, that there is no possibility to set it as required in cf7. But! when you set default to option 0, then contact form 7 returns an invalidation error for the radio button – so you have to select an option there first.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi prebyter,

We will look into this issue and send new update with these fixes soon.

Thanks

prebyter

Great. Here is the radio button shortcode:
    `[radio contacttype use_label_element default:0 “option a” “option b” “option c”]

Ben

Interested in a solution, I bought the pro version hoping that it would work. Unfortunately it does not work on the radio buttons

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

We studies the scenario and found that radio buttons have default value selected. So it doesn’t need required validation. For radio buttons, one of the choice must be selected in any case. So it doesn’t make sense to add the validation there.

Thanks

Ben

Hello,

Thank you and I understand your point. On the other hand, is it possible to display an error message for the radio buttons and the check boxes, as CF7 does natively?

When I activate your extension, I lose the radio button error message and the checkbox message is incorrectly positioned, should it be below the group of choice?

I don’t know ajax and I understand that it can be difficult to position yourself on the radio button and checkbox, but if it was possible to have an error message would be great

Thank you for your help

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Can you please send me your site url where i can check your form ? I will check and see what we can do here.

Thanks

Ben

Hi

thank you for taking the time to see what can be done,
    if necessary I can install a staging

my website is : https://www.emploisolquebecois.ca/inscription-candidats/

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

I think we can work for it. Though i still believe that radio button should have default value selected.

Also, we will think about the checkbox error placement and send new update with its fixes.

Thanks

Ben

Great !
    I will wait for the update
    Can you give an estimate as to when this will happen?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Should be done by this end of the week. But can’t promise as of now. But will try our best for the update.

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have fixed the checkbox and radio button error message in our latest version (5.1 for Lite and 5.2 for Pro). Please update it.

Thanks

Ben

Hello,

Thank you for the fixes, the error messages are displaying correctly on my site.

Thank you for your excellent work

Happy New Year

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Checkbox and Radio Buttons’ is closed to new replies.