Error message "Something went wrong: cURL error. couldn't connect to host"

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Error message "Something went wrong: cURL error. couldn't connect to host"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stella Kemdirim

Dear Michael:

I made a donation for the API Key, and received API activation key: “41SF9GTXMSMRUGDLLEZS9W170416090709”. When I try to activate it, I get an error message taht states: “Something went wrong: cURL error 7: couldn’t connect to host”.

I tried to trouble shoot by going to your “Virtual Support”. Virtual support suggested the following:

“Unable To Activate API Key

Some plugins are known to block connection with our server, specially security plugins. So, for some while, you can disable other plugins and try. After it succeds, you can reactivate them. Note : Our plugin only needs connection to our server during activation and font upload. After that fonts are served from your own server”.

So, I inactivated all the plugins that I had installed, and tried again to activate the activation key, and it still gave me the same error message.

I’m wondering if you have any other suggestions? Please, could you send another activation key?

Thanks!
    Stella.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

We are really sorry about the issue and delay in responding due to the extended weekend. There was a DNS issue and it was not allowing the connection. We have fixed it now. There should be such issue any more.

Also, DNS fixes may take upto 24 hrs and it may not work instantly for all. In that case, you can enable the alternative server and it will work. This issue only affected our default server.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message "Something went wrong: cURL error. couldn't connect to host"’ is closed to new replies.