Font weight different on firefox – consistent on chrome/safari/edge

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Font weight different on firefox – consistent on chrome/safari/edge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jesse
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried multiple ways to troubleshoot/fix this however, on firefox the font weight is heavy compared to safari/chrome/microsoft edge.

They are all consistent but firefox doesnt display properly. I have tried to offset the design by making the font a lighter grey (so it looks better on firefox) but then this causes issues with all of the other browsers looking too light.

Here is a screenshot comparison- https://paste.pics/A58HK

Please help!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Jesse,

The font rendering depends upon browsers. So they looks quite different on different browsers and this is quite common. Also, most of the regular users don’t notice that. Also they tend to use 1 browser for most of the cases.

There is no concrete solution for it. However, you can use this css. This can help to make it look like similar but not pixel perfect.

body *{
    text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
    -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
    -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
    }

Thanks

Jesse
    Participant

I understand what you are saying, however – I know to be true it IS the plugin. I am using a theme called Qode Bridge & in their support tickets they suggested your plugin. However I am re-creating a site based off of another site that was done in Divi Theme. On the divi theme it is the same in every browser, with the Qode Bridge/Use Any Font plugin it doesn’t quite show up the same. As I am personally ok with this small variation, my client isnt very happy about it – and I was hoping there would be another solution.

I tried the CSS you provided and it didnt seem to do anything.

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Jesse,

Can you please send me your site url for both made with Divi and Qode ? I will check and let you know. Also, are you using same font for both the sites ? In that case, can you send me font files as well ? I will investigate it.

Thanks

Jesse
    Participant

My reply doesnt seem to be getting posted?

Jesse
    Participant

Thanks for your response:

Qode site: somaticsanctuary.com

Divi site:
    sandbox.somaticsanctuary.com
    (please note- on the divi site, the browser will say it is a security threat, and its only because it was a site backup/migration which used SSL certificate that doesnt exist- its okay to proceed)

its the paragrah body copy font – Omnibook

dafontfree.net/freefonts-omni-f158934.htm

it shows heavy/bolder in firefox

I have tried to offset it by changing its color to a lighter grey – (in safari it looks okay)

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Jesse,

I checked both url in firefox and actually i don’t find much different. I kept same color, font size, line height for body in both looks almost same to me. I have created a video with it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRycMC2EhBgxun9GApNlunIJtJvpCT_r/view

But i found a difference in the font file. Divi is using Omnibook semi bold. May be that the case ?

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Font weight different on firefox – consistent on chrome/safari/edge’ is closed to new replies.