fonts invisible on other laptop

Home Forums Use Any Fonts fonts invisible on other laptop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tim

I’ve just installed your plugin, first thanks very much, It’s almost working perfectly.

I have a couple of issues, but I’ll address the first most important.

I’ve installed one type face for use on all my text content on my site, it works great on my macbook pro, in chrome and firefox and safari.

On my macbook air however, it only works in firefox. Both Safari and Chrome simply display no font what so ever.

I’ve tried emptying the cache but this hasn’t resolved the matter. To which I’m a little relived as I don’t wish visitors to have to result to this everytime they wish to view my site!

Here’s my URL: http://www.timfok.com

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I am totally lost here, as Macbook Pro and Air uses same OS, there shouldn’t be any problem.

Just a thought, are you using any cache plugin. Also i check you site and don’t feel like the plugin activated.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for your reply.

No I’m not using any sort of cache plugin on either machine.

I checked on a Mac Pro and PC and was having the same problems.

For me, any sort of cache resolution concerns me as it means that if someone who is visiting my site does have a cache plugin etc.. they won’t be able to view my site properly with this plugin activated. Even though I will on my machine.

That’s the reason why I currently have it de-activated.

Is there another way around this? For example, if for whatever reason the plugin cannot be displayed (maybe because the user is using a cache plugin) then the text reverts back to another standard font? Is there a way to add this feature?

If not, then I may have to de-activate the plugin and find an alternative.

Many thanks again in advance.

Tim

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

You can activate it. I hope you have uploaded the font. But remove the assign fonts. Then you can create a demo page and use the font from wordpress editor. This way, the font will be used in that page only.

Please send me that page url and i will check it details.

Thanks

Tim

Hi Dinesh,

Sure no problem, here you go:

http://timfok.com/test-page/

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

I checked your link and so far it looks fine here in all browser. I am not sure what is the causing the issues yet. However, i request you to try adding this code in your .htaccess file.

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|woff)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
            Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Tim

Is this right? Everytime I go to copy the text you’ve just posted I get:

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*” – See more at: https://dineshkarki.com.np/forums/topic/fonts-invisible-on-other-laptop#post-2134

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘fonts invisible on other laptop’ is closed to new replies.