(Including Pro) Does not work with 64-bit version of iOS

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher (Including Pro) Does not work with 64-bit version of iOS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Terrence Campbell

Apparently, the 64-bit version of iOS on both the iPhone and the iPad do not listen to the instructions on whether to use a certain theme. The 64 bit will display the mobile on the iPad when I tell it not to, and the iPhone version will not display the mobile version when I want it to.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

Can you please send the user agent of it ? You can get it using this url http://www.whatsmyuseragent.com

We will check it here and will send an update for its detection.

Thanks

Terrence Campbell

Mind that these are being tested through iOS simulator on my Mac’s XCode, but my partner has the latest iOS devices. So I’m trying to be as delicate as possible due to me not even having a mobile device at the moment.

For the 64-bit iPhone

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53

For the 64-bit iPad

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53

Terrence Campbell

Also, if you want to check directly.

HyperBite is where you can directly view the issue.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Terrenace,

I just checked it with the user agent you provided. And our plugin is able to detect it as both Iphone and Ipad respectively.

Do you have any cache plugin used ?

Thanks

Terrence Campbell

I’m using W3 Total Cache, but I have cleared it and add the plugin’s cookie to the page cache exception list as instructed. It could be an obstruction with Xcode’s iOS Simulator. Many web developers on Mac do rely on the digital version instead of physical iDevices, but I’ve never actually acknowledged the user agent until now.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

Does that iOS Simulator have cookie enabled. To block sending desktop theme in mobile devices cookie is must.

Thanks

Terrence Campbell

It’s enabled by default, but this isn’t about cookies, it’s the user agent on iOS simulator that probably differentiates from physical versions.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

As per the User Agent you sent me last time. I have already checked with that and it was detected by our plugin. And don’t think the user agent in the simulator is issue here.

Thanks

Terrence Campbell

Hey, I’m back. So as our site gets really, really huge. We’re talking with major media companies and they can’t see our mobile version on some of their phones still, and this does include the 64-bit version of iOS, you know what I mean on the 64 right?

Terrence Campbell

Well, actually not only that, but there really are multiple androids as well that aren’t being read, I can really assure you on multiple devices (using the pro version), they’re not working.

Terrence Campbell

Continued

This is on Google Chrome, it’s happened on desktop browsers, we’re using w3 Total Cache, and we’ve followed the instructions, so I don’t think its because of that either.

http://prntscr.com/45xg48

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Terrence,

Can you write me at dnesscarkey (aatt) gmail (d00t) com ? We will try to resolve it from there.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘(Including Pro) Does not work with 64-bit version of iOS’ is closed to new replies.