just bought this plugin but can’t see any new options

Home Forums Jquery Validation For Gravity Forms just bought this plugin but can’t see any new options

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Grinderslev
    Participant

I just bought this plugin but I can’t see any new options when I go and setup af form in Gravity Forms. there is literally no difference if the plugin is activated or not.
    what exactly does it do? am I missing something?

Daniel Grinderslev
    Participant

never mind I found out how to use it now. sorry.
    great plugin 🙂

if i may come with a suggestion I think it needs a way to validate advanced stuff using javascript code (the code will run when the value in the specific input field changes).
    if that was possible then one could validate based on values in the other fields, or based on stuff in the database and all kind of other stuff that could give so much more advantages when building advanced forms.

Daniel Grinderslev
    Participant

If I for example want to check that a user enters a correct Danish postal code (4 digits) I need to first check that the entered value does not contain a non-digit with this regex:
    ^.*\D+.*$
    If it DOES match the regex, it should return an error saying to only enter digits.
    This can be done in the “Custom Regex Validation” tab in your plugin.

And then if it passes that test then after it should check that the length is correct, so it would have to match this regex:
    ^\d{4}$
    If it DOESN’T match the regex, it should return an error saying to enter more digits.
    I know that I can put a max number of digits inside Gravity Forms options for the input so it would not be a problem with too many digits.
    This could be done in the “Custom Regex Validation” tab in your plugin if there was an option to choose that it should NOT match the regex to succeed the validation.

And then finally I want to check that the 4 digits entered match one of the allowed postal codes, like for example this list:
    (of course, there would be many more than in this example, however, I only want a predetermined list of postal codes from specific parts of Denmark to succeed to validate)
    It would have to match this regex for example:
    ^(1111|1122|4321)$
    If it DOES match the regex, it should return a success-message to tell the user that his postal code is valid.
    Or I could just use the “custom code” tab in your plugin. The problem is that it can only show an error message and not a success-message.

As you can see, I want to make 3 validations, but I don’t know If it’s possible to combine these 3 validations at the same time?
    And even if I did it would not work because there are missing some features on the last two steps to make it work.
    Therefore, it is really needed with JavaScript advanced validation like I described.
    Or do you think you have a solution for this specific case?

Thank you 🙂

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

For now, our plugin doesn’t allow such multi later validation cases that you have mentioned. However, you can combine all this in 1 as as single Regex.

You can try this RegEx for it using our Custom regex feature. https://regexlibrary.org/denmark-postal-code-validation/

We don’t have provision of success message but have validation error theme that can indicate users that the value they have kept is current. You can use Validation Error Theme 2 and 3 for this purpose. You can check it here. https://demos.dnesscarkey.com/jquery-validation-for-gravity-forms/validation-error-theme/

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Daniel Grinderslev
    Participant

Thanks for the regex you gave me, but you forgot to put backslash before the d´s.
    I assume this is the correct:
    ^(?:[1-24-9]\d{3}|3[0-8]\d{2})$

Anyway, it’s not really a solution. It only does the last validation that I mentioned and skips the 2 first validations.
    It might be easier for me to just use the “custom code” tab in your plugin to achieve the same as the regex you gave me, since it will be a huge and complicated regex once I put in all the postal numbers I need.
    Sure, it will work but it doesn’t give the feedback to my user in the way I wanted.
    I know this is a basic example where it would not be a problem because people know not to enter letters and they know that it should be 4 digits long, so its only necessary with the last validation, and the first 2 validations are just nice to have.
    The problem is that while they type it, it will already tell them that what they are typing is wrong until they reach the fourth digit.
    And I can see many other use cases where it may be necessary to have multi-layer validation. I hope you will consider implementing some of the stuff that I mentioned.

Anyway, don’t get me wrong I still think it’s a great plugin, it could just have more features perhaps 🙂

Daniel Grinderslev
    Participant

If I use error theme 3 or 4, I see that it shows green or red for succeed or fail. I assume it will be visible in the HTML if it is green or red with some class or something.

Can I somehow write some custom CSS that insert some text ::after or ::before (pseudo element) the green, with a success message?
    Do you have a code snippet for that?

If it’s not possible with CSS it would probably be possible with JavaScript. But I have tried to do some JavaScript validation before, and it is just not consistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes not even if it’s the same code for the same input field every time. So, I prefer to use as little custom JavaScript code as possible.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

It adds valid class to the input element. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘just bought this plugin but can’t see any new options’ is closed to new replies.