Not Preventing Contact Form 7

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Not Preventing Contact Form 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dharit

I have used this plugin for many of my sites which was working fine with it but I don’t know why it’s not preventing Contact Form 7 validation and showing error messages which appends messages again and again not clearing previous message. also it’s allowing contact form 7 to submit and show it’s validation errors. please check for it and get back to me on my same mail.

Thanks in Advance

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Dharit,

Please do send me your page url where you have place the form. I will check and let you know.

Thanks

Dharit

Hi Dinesh,

It’s a password Protected website if you can give me your email account I can send you further details to check it

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Dharit,

My email is dnesscarkey (ATT) gmail (d00t) com.

Thanks

Dharit

Hi Dinesh,

I have sent you an email with details please get back to me if you get or not.

Dharit

Still, I didn’t get any response from your side, or shall I go with any other alternate plugin?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Dharit,

So far i haven’t got any email regarding the login details i have requested with you.

Though i got an email about this ticket link. But there was no login details.

Thanks

Dharit

Give me your email on my email so that I can reply to you with login credentials
    my email account is dharitlathigara(ATT)gmail(DOTT)com

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Dharit,

I have sent you an email.

Thanks

FwebsiteC

Hi,

I have just bought the pro version of this plugin but encountered the same problem… The plugin does it’s work but after submitting a wrong email address which is good enough for this plugin the default Contact Form 7 validation is blocking submissions and shows some messages which are making my contact form ugly… How to solve this?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi FwebsiteC,

I tried checking it. And submitted with Name and Email and there is no such validation issue.

What is the email address you are using ?

Thanks

FwebsiteC

Hi,

Thanks for helping me. The validation plugin does it’s work but the email validation is different then the one CF7 is using. And because of this, both validations are working at the same time. For example:

1) When you press the submit button, both the name and email fields are telling the user (through the Jquery validation plugin) that the fields are required to be filled in.
    2) For the email field it is enough to just type (example) ‘a@a’ and then the validation message of the Jquery plugin will disappear. But after clicking the submit button ‘a@a’ is not good enough for the validation used by CF7. After typing ‘a@a.co’ the validation is also succeeded through CF7.

This is a problem to me because the validation used by CF7 is just very annoying, the validation messages are not disappearing, even if the typed in values are good enough. That’s why I have chosen for this plugin, to solve this.

Can you solve this problem or tell me how to solve this? I think a simple solution is changing the email validation to the same syntax CF7 is using? The syntax for the plugin is now as following:

jQuery.validator.addMethod("email2", 
        function(value, element) {
            return /^[-a-z0-9~!$%^&*_=+}{\'?]+(\.[-a-z0-9~!$%^&*_=+}{\'?]+)*@([a-z0-9_][-a-z0-9_]*(\.[-a-z0-9_]+)*\.(aero|arpa|biz|com|coop|edu|gov|info|int|mil|museum|name|net|org|pro|travel|mobi|[a-z][a-z])|([0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}))(:[0-9]{1,5})?$/i.test(value);
        },"Please enter a valid email address"
    );
    Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi,

In that case, please keep email2 as class for the email validation. And this should fix the issue for you.

This will keep the Contact Form 7 and our plugin validation same.

Thanks

FwebsiteC

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what you mean. You want me to use only the email2 class for validation. Can you explain how I do this?

FwebsiteC

Sorry (again), I was to fast writing a comment. I found out what you meant. Thanks a lot for helping, it is working, great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Not Preventing Contact Form 7’ is closed to new replies.