Plugin cant detect android mobile or tablet…

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Plugin cant detect android mobile or tablet…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gil

Hi

I am using this great plugin and everything works great except for one major issue which I can’t believe no one noticed!

There is an option of Android theme detection but it’s not set to detect weather it’s an Android mobile (such as Galaxy) or Android tablet.

When I set Android to switch to my mobile version it also does it for tablets and shows mobile version on tablet….

any suggestion?

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Ya, we don’t have separate for Android tab yet.

I am going to add this option in coming release. Thanks.

Jeongsu Kim

Hello.

I added this feature. Actually, I don’t know it is OK or not but it is working for me.

Anyway android tables that uses under Honeycomb is not detected yet.

<code>

diff –git a/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/any-mobile-theme-switcher.php b/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/any-mobile-theme-switcher.php
    index 5cde7ca..dd22df7 100644
    — a/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/any-mobile-theme-switcher.php
    +++ b/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/any-mobile-theme-switcher.php
    @@ -33,8 +33,16 @@ $accept           = $_SERVER[‘HTTP_ACCEPT’]; // get the content accept value – t
    break; // break out and skip the rest if we’ve had a match on the iphone or ipod

case (preg_match(‘/android/i’,$user_agent));  // we find android in the user agent
    –      $mobile_browser = get_option(‘android_theme’); // mobile browser is either true or false depending on the setting of android when calling the function
    –      $status = ‘Android’;
    +      if (preg_match(‘/mobile/i’,$user_agent))
    +      {
    +        $mobile_browser = get_option(‘android_theme’); // mobile browser is either true or false depending on the setting of android when calling the function
    +        $status = ‘Android’;
    +      }
    +      else
    +      {
    +        $mobile_browser = get_option(‘android_tablet_theme’); // mobile browser is either true or false depending on the setting of android when calling the function
    +        $status = ‘AndroidTablet’;
    +      }
    break; // break out and skip the rest if we’ve had a match on android

case (preg_match(‘/opera mini/i’,$user_agent)); // we find opera mini in the user agent
    diff –git a/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/plugin_interface.php b/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/plugin_interface.php
    index 1dbdd80..2a336fd 100644
    — a/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/plugin_interface.php
    +++ b/user/blog/wp-content/plugins/any-mobile-theme-switcher/plugin_interface.php
    @@ -11,6 +11,7 @@ function register_mysettings_theme() {
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘iphone_theme’);
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘ipad_theme’);
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘android_theme’);
    +    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘android_tablet_theme’);
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘blackberry_theme’);
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘windows_theme’);
    register_setting(‘am-settings-group’, ‘opera_theme’);
    @@ -26,6 +27,7 @@ function am_settings_page() {
    $iphoneTheme         = get_option(‘iphone_theme’);
    $ipadTheme            = get_option(‘ipad_theme’);
    $androidTheme        = get_option(‘android_theme’);
    +    $androidTabletTheme        = get_option(‘android_tablet_theme’);
    $blackberryTheme    = get_option(‘blackberry_theme’);
    $windowsTheme        = get_option(‘windows_theme’);
    $operaTheme            = get_option(‘opera_theme’);
    @@ -132,6 +134,24 @@ function am_settings_page() {
    </tr>

+        <tr valign=”top”>
    +        <th scope=”row”>Android Tablet Theme</th>
    +        <td>
    +            <select name=”android_tablet_theme”>
    +     <?php
    +      foreach ($themeNames as $themeName) {
    +          if (($androidTabletTheme == $themeName) || (($androidTabletTheme == ”) && ($themeName == $defaultTheme))) {
    +              echo ‘<option value=”‘ . $themeName . ‘” selected=”selected”>’ . htmlspecialchars($themeName) . ‘</option>’;
    +          } else {
    +              echo'<option value=”‘ . $themeName . ‘”>’ . htmlspecialchars($themeName) . ‘</option>’;
    +          }
    +      }
    +     ?>
    +            </select>
    +        </td>
    +        </tr>
    +
    +
    <tr valign=”top”>
    <th scope=”row”>Blackberry Theme</th>
    <td>

</code>

Dinesh
    Keymaster

@Jeongsu Kim : I check you code and its the right way to do this. However there are so many andriod devices in market which use urgent agent as mobile even they are a tab.

If you could send me the user agent of Honeycomb. I could check it better to make it works.

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

I have updated the latest release with andriod tab option. PLease update to the latest version.

And let me know if you have any issues.

Jesse

This still loads the wrong theme on android tablets. Not loading the theme I selected… Please help

wayne

Hi, Great plugin however i am having the same issue with the incorrect themes loading.
    I have 2 themes. Theme 1 is designed for desktops and tablets and theme 2 for mobile.
    I have assigned theme 1 to android tablet and theme 2 to android mobile but it is still loading the mobile theme on tablet?

I am all up to date on the plugin however am using the latest WP

Thanks

Wayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin cant detect android mobile or tablet…’ is closed to new replies.