Recommended W3 Total Cache settings

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher Recommended W3 Total Cache settings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Sina

I’m using AMTS Pro and added “amts_mobile_theme” to list of rejected cookies. However it doesn’t work. If the first request to that page is from mobile, it shows the mobile theme on PC and vice versa.

I see that you say it works with W3TC, which setting you’ve used to make it work?

Best Regards,
    Sina

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Sina,

Ya, it works with W3 Total Cache. But, we can guarantee that it always work for each W3 Total Cache setup.

If you could sent me your wp-admin details at dnesskarki (aa++) gmail (d000tt) com, i will check that in details and will fix it.

Thanks

Sina

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the reply. I just sent you an E-mail, also added you on GChat.

Sina

Seems like the problem begins when there’s no amts_mobile_theme cookie at all.

I can’t find this cookie neither on PC browser or when emulating as a mobile device.

Any idea?

John Leach

I am having similar issues. I have updated to latest wp 3.9. I currently have w3 total cache deactivated. Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks,
    John

Mark

Hi! I’m also experiencing this issue. Could you tell me what settings I need to have for w3 total cache to make the pro version work? Thanks!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Have you check this instructions ?

http://dnesscarkey.com/any-mobile-theme-switcher-pro/w3-total-cache-setup

Thanks

jbx

In reality those settings dont make W3TC compatible, they just turn it off. Its equivalent to turning off Page Caching from the W3TC settings.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Jbx,

Ya you are right but the caching is blocked for only mobile theme. The desktop theme remains cached.

Thanks

MarcoK

… but also the mobile version should be cached, so can´t you make this plugin 100% compatible with W3 Total Cache? I want a cached mobile and cached desktop version, not just one of both – makes no sense.

Regards

Dinesh
    Keymaster

HI Marcok,

Ya, currently the cache will be disabled for the mobile device. Due to the both being same page url for mobile and desktop theme, W3 Total Cache recognizes as same page.

I will check on this if we can use some different url for mobile devices. Maybe adding some query string in url via js.

Thanks

Pepijn

Is there any progress on this? Because I also have the issue that somehow the desktop version occasionally show a mobile version. I use the pro version and have the cookie listed in the rejected cookies of W3 Total Cache.

Would prefer if the pro version will be able to indeed cache the mobile theme too.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Pepijn,

Currently we haven’t found any solution yet. But we can suggest you some steps to try.

Can you please write us an email at dnesscarkey [aatt] gmail [dot] com ? We will send you the instructions there.

Thanks

Lima

i too have the same problem. i have been using the settings amts_mobile_theme since i bought the pro version but now and then i have a mobile version in my desktop or vice versa. all goes away when i empty the cache.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Lima,

Can you please write us an email at dnesscarkey [aatt] gmail [dot] com regarding this issue ?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Recommended W3 Total Cache settings’ is closed to new replies.