Response tag not displaying

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Response tag not displaying

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi

Is there a way to make the response tag display as well as individual input errors?

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

What does response tag means ?

Thanks

Steve

The response tag is the CF7 error block usually added to forms using [response] as seen here http://contactform7.com/locating-response-message-box-anywhere/

However, when using your plugin the response tag is not displayed when an error is found. Is there away to force it to display along with the label errors for each input?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Actually, our plugin adds 1 extra validation layer above the validation of Contact Form 7. So, we don’t hide/remove the Response tag. CF7 response tag is only shown once the form is submitted via ajax. But our plugin doesn’t allows to submit the form till our validation rules passes.

We currently don’t have response tag for validation error of our plugin. We just use error label.

Thanks

Steve

Ok that figures, thanks.

In that case, I’m using a drop down to populate another input, that input is required, but the select is not. How can I trigger the verification on the dropdown selection for the input it populates? (obviously the dropdown select is NOT required, but gives the user a small selection of possible options, but they are allowed to enter their own option if its missing)

Currently, if a user selects a dropdown option, no verification happens until the form is submitted.

Can I link the two input but only make one required?

Steve

Actually, answered it myself using…

$("#sellectBox").bind("change", function () {
         $('#SELLECTION').valid(); // trigger validation on another field
    });

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Response tag not displaying’ is closed to new replies.