Scrolling to Validation Error Issue

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Scrolling to Validation Error Issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ryan K.

I have the Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 Pro plugin installed on a Divi theme website with a fairly complex application form. Here’s the problem… If any required fields are not populated, it doesn’t scroll the page up the required field error. Nothing happens at all, so the person submitting the form has no idea if the form submitted or if there are any errors. Is this a recent bug? Or is there anything I can do fix this?

Ryan K.

I just figured out that this has to be a bug in plugin version 4.3. This issue exits in 4.3, but 4.1 works perfectly fine. Please fix ASAP!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

Which version you are currently using ? Is it older version currently ?

Any chance you can create a staging site and add the new version there ?

Thanks

Ryan K.

I reverted back to 4.1 since 4.2 and 4.3 seem to have the same issue.

Please note that I tested 4.3 on the default WordPress theme as well and I had the same issue. This happens on multiple websites too. I also deactivated all plugins to see if there was a conflict.

I just can’t figure it out, so that’s why I reverted back to 4.1 on all the websites I manage.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

I will work on these issue and send new update by next week.

Thanks

Ryan K.

Thanks!

Ryan K

Has this been fixed yet?

Splash

Hello Dinesh,

i also use the DIVI Theme…and have the same problem as Ryan.
    Your Plugin set off the error message of CF7

• https://contactform7.com/faq/after-submitting-the-form-i-get-an-error-message/
  • and doesn’t scroll the page up the required field error.
    The user don’t know that he has make a error value…that’s the problem…the user leave the site.
    Please can you display on the normal error message of CF7 again.

Thanks
    Tilo

Dinesh
Keymaster

Hi Tilo,

We are still working on those updates. But due to the lockdown here, we are having hard time to manage it. We will send the new update asap.

Thanks

Splash

Hello Dinesh,

what’s the matter with this update?
To many users leave the form…she didn’t inform that they are not filled out all fields.
On mobile devices it is a disaster…really.

Example:
experten-kredite.de/#kreditanfrage

if all fields filled out (without checkbox) its all fine…they gives a message nearby send button. If not, there aren’t…only the Jquery Validation For Contact Form 7 Pro error messages. And he didn’t jump to the first error field.

Thanks a lot
Tilo

Dinesh
Keymaster

Hi Tilo,

The latest release version 4.4 scrolls to the top of the first error field. You can check it here for the demo. https://dnesscarkey.com/jquery-validation/pro-version-demo/

Thanks

Splash

Hello Jules,

yes that’s right…maybe you can set the [response] CF7 error message (near by send button) as display on. It is a little tricky for mobile users.
I have emailed you yesterday. That’s was great.
I have another issue with Multistepform from Contact Form 7 Conditional Fields Pro, see https://experten-kredite.de/kreditanfrageformular/.
It will never show your error messages…that i activated the CF7 error messages.
Do you have an idea?

Thanks a lot
Tilo

Dinesh
Keymaster

Hi,

We are trying to make it work in Multistepform from Contact Form 7 Conditional Fields Pro but we are unable to do so.

Problem is that no matter what we do, we are unable to block the validation error message form Conditional Fields Pro plugin.

Thanks

Splash

Hello Dinesh,

Jules, coder from CF7 Conditional Fields Pro plugin has opened a ticket at GitHub
https://github.com/pwkip/contact-form-7-conditional-fields/issues/45

I hope there is a solution…

Thanks a lot
Tilo

Dinesh
Keymaster

Thanks Tilo.

I have joined the conversation there. Hope we will have solution quickly.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Scrolling to Validation Error Issue’ is closed to new replies.