Slow JavaScript execution on multi-page form preventing paging

Home Forums Jquery Validation For Gravity Forms Slow JavaScript execution on multi-page form preventing paging

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kay Smoljak
    Participant

[Note: I tried to submit this message through the contact form, but I accidentally submitted before I was finished writing, and when I tried to resubmit, it was blocked as spam.]

I have a live multi-page survey form, and some users have reported that when they click Next nothing happens.

There’s a test site at https://wtd.zingry.net – there’s two forms linked from the bottom of the page.

I think the issue is that the form is quite complex, and the JavaScript is taking a long time to execute (seems to get slower the further along in the form you get). For example: on page 5 of the Employees form, if I try to click Next without filling one of the required checkboxes, in the Chrome Console I get:

[Violation] ‘click’ handler took 2168ms

If I don’t make the field required, then the validation does not run in multi-page forms, which is why all the fields are required.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Kay,

Do you have some additional ravity form addons in use ? Any chance you can deactivate them and see if that helps ?

Thanks

Kay Smoljak
    Participant

Oooops, I forgot to mention that. I have Gravity Perks installed with two perks: copycat and readonly. I disabled them and still get the gradual slowing down of execution as I fill out the survey. See screenshot of Timeouts in the Chrome Console here (page 5):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d10qwrfx2wqxbnc/timeouts.png

Greg Percifield
    Participant

I just purchased this plugin, and I am also having this problem. It does not seem to work with multi-page forms.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow JavaScript execution on multi-page form preventing paging’ is closed to new replies.