The Mobile Theme Displays In Desktop View For All Browsers (Google, Mozilla etc)

Home Forums Any Mobile Theme Switcher The Mobile Theme Displays In Desktop View For All Browsers (Google, Mozilla etc)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Paulinus

Hello, I just installed your plugin but it seems there’s a problem as the mobile theme not only shows in mobile view but on desktop too.

Would appreciate if I am responded too asap, thanks and GOD bless.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Do you have cache plugin enabled ?

Also, can you check, is your active theme in your site a mobile theme ?

Tom

I’m having the same problem and do have W3 Total Cache installed and enabled. I was wondering if using a page cache would cause the mobile version of a page to be served, if the mobile version was the last version to be cached.

Is that possibly something that’s happening?

Thanks!

Peace…

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Ya cache plugin aren’t compatible with theme switcher yet. We have been trying to solve this issues from the very beginning but no solutions has come up yet.

For your information, as alternative we are using Better Wp Minify plugin to decrease the load time for now. May be not better as Cache plugin but still worth giving a try.

Tom

What about using a cookie? If W3 Total Cache could be configured not to cache mobile versions of pages if the “mobile-version” cookie was set, would that work? I mention this because I had a problem with W3 Total Cache not caching pages because a “logged in” cookie was being set by accident.

Anyway, it’s just a thought. šŸ™‚

Thanks!

Peace…

Tom

I just found a “Rejected cookies” option in W3 Total Cache. W3 Total Cache shouldn’t cache pages that use the specified cookie. So, if your plugin could set a “any-theme-switcher-mobile” cookie when the mobile versions of pages are requested, W3 Total Cache shouldn’t cache them and this issue should be solved. I know this might not work with other WordPress cache plugins but it might be work looking into.

If there’s a cookie already being set by any theme mobile switcher now, maybe I can use that cookie and my problem can be solved. šŸ™‚

Peace…

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Thanks Tom for your concept.

I checked it today and looks like working fine. But for that to make happen i need to re-code some of the section.

I will get back to you within 2 – 3 days with the updates.

Thanks so much.

Tom

Sounds great!

Thanks!

Peace…

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

I have kept a separate Pro version now. You can find it here.

http://dnesscarkey.com/any-mobile-theme-switcher-pro/

It needs a license key. You can use the free license key to test. you can get it from here http://dnesscarkey.com/any-mobile-theme-switcher-pro/license/

After some testing, we are making it live.

PLease do let me know what results you get.

Thanks

Tom

Hi! I have the license key but I don’t know how to install it. Must I install Any Mobile Theme Switcher Pro first?

Thanks!

Peace…

Tom

Ok, I have Any Mobile Theme Switcher Pro installed. How can I find out which cookie to configure in W3 Total Cache? Should I inspect the HTTP headers or is the cookie documented somewhere?

Thanks!

Peace…

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Actually i have added the same cookie in our plugin that comes with default option in W3 Total Cache. There are so many users we are unable to change these settings. We are using the cookie named wptouch_switch_toggle. This is the cookie set by Wp Touch and comes in default settings to W3 Total Cache.

Thanks

Tom

Yep, I figured that out. šŸ™‚ So far, things are working fine. I do have a question: will the cookie that’s set for mobile users be removed for desktop users or once the cookie is set, it’s always set?

Also, how can I contact you privately? I want to ask you a question. šŸ™‚

Thanks!

Peace…

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Tom, The cookie gets clear after the browser session is closed. And it adds again when the mobile device is detected.

You can directly write to me at dnesskarki(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks

Gianpiero

Hi,
    Iā€™m having the same problem with W3 Total Cache 0.9.3 and Any Mobile Theme Switcher 1.2 installed. if the first page is visited from a mobile device, this also floats for desktop users and vice versa. Is it possibile solve this problem?

thanks
    g.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘The Mobile Theme Displays In Desktop View For All Browsers (Google, Mozilla etc)’ is closed to new replies.