Upload and operation fine – but not on live site

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Upload and operation fine – but not on live site

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    George

Hi, sorry I’m not a developer so I’m muddling my way through. I installed Use Any Font, and used my chosen font in the page editor. All was well, it updated the page just fine. But when I navigate to my site as any other person would, the font is not the one I’ve implemented. Any advice appreciated (bare in mind I know nothing so be as obvious and brutal as you like)

thanks

George

George

Just to say I’ve been going through the known issues. I’ve definitely assigned the font (it’s showing in my admin preview). I have never heard of Cufon, which would suggest that I haven’t uploaded or used it, and if I have I’d have no idea how to take it away.

I don’t see the server connectivity test in the interface?

I’ve tried changing the additional settings to see if it makes a difference but no.

George

Last update; I must be missing something simple because I’ve just noticed that the font is working on my contact page but not on my home page.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Can you please send me your site url as well ?

Thanks

George

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for getting back to me. It’s georgekarellas.com

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Found your issue here. It is due to cross domain. Your site url goes like this http://georgekarellas.com/ but the font is loading from http://66.147.244.245/~georgeq2/. It should go with same path.

Did you recently change the server location ? If so, can you please deactivate and reactivate the plugin again ?

Also, you have kept 2 fonts with same name. Please delete it if it is duplicate. Or give another name. This might create conflict during font assign.

Thanks

George

Hi Dinesh,

So sorry for the late reply, and thanks so much for looking into it for me. I haven’t changed domain, the 66.147…/georgeq2/ thing is the hosting allocation (hope that makes sense, and georgekarellas.com points to that. I don’t understand how I could get the font to load from georgekarellas.com as all the work I do is on 66.147…/georgeq2/ ?

I’ll delete the duplicate font. One point of note; the font loads perfectly from mobile 🙂

Sorry for taking up your time with my lack of knowledge and many thanks for your help!

George

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Can you please keep this in your htaccess file and try ?

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Please discard above code. Complete code is here.

<FilesMatch "\.(ttf|otf|eot|woff)$">
      <IfModule mod_headers.c>
        Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
      </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    George

Hi Dinesh,

I pasted that into my .htaccess and it didn’t work.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi George,

In that case, can you please talk to your host and ask them to unblock woff, eot files for loading ?

Thanks

Dinesh
    Keymaster

And also to allow cross domain origin.

Thanks

George

Hi Dinesh,

So the host tech told me that I had to make the relevant changes in the .htaccess file and that they don’t activate this kind of thing from their end. I told them you had made the same conclusion and that I’d put the relevant code into the htaccess and that it didn’t work.

They of course told me I needed to check the code. I’m sure it is my fault as I really know nothing about code. What I did was click the edit option on my htaccess file from my host control panel, I then pasted in the code you gave me on a new line (after the last line of previous code) and hit enter to get the cursor onto a new line. Then I saved the file.

Does that sound right to you?

Sorry for the trouble. If there’s nothing obvious wrong with what I’ve done then we’ll call it quits and I’ll just have to go without the custom font.

Thanks again for all your help

George

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi George,

Really sorry to know about your issue. Any chance you can send me your copy of your htaccess file here ? I wanted to make sure that, you have placed the code in right place.

Or, you may also send me your wp-admin & FTP details at dnesscarkey (@@) gmail (dot) com. I will try fixing this from here.

Please don’t forget to include this thread url in email.

Thanks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Upload and operation fine – but not on live site’ is closed to new replies.