Uploading fonts

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Uploading fonts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RICHARD ISAAC
    Participant

Hi,

I am a premium user – I have just started using your plugin for the first time, it is also the first time I have tried self hosting.

I have tried to install two Google fonts, Montserrat and Lato. In each case I downloaded the Regular and 700 weight fonts from Google Webfonts Helper, which came in a zip file for each and .eot .svg .ttf .woff and .woff2 filesnams for each variation (regular and 700) of each font.

When I tried to upload the fonts, I see that the upload will not accept more than one file at a time and it would only accept .ttf .woff and .otf formats.

Why aren’t .woff2 and .svg formats accepted?
    Why is it possible to upload only one file format?

Am I right in assuming that ths must mean the plugin will create the alternative file formats from the one that is uploaded? If not it would mean only one file format is installed (the one that is uploaded) which would mean browser support is limited?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Richard

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

For weight you need to upload each variation. But just uploading the regular will work fine in most of the cases.

You can just upload single format, the rest needed are converted by the plugin and they are compatible in all browsers.

Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Uploading fonts’ is closed to new replies.