validation question

Home Forums Jquery Validation for Contact Form 7 validation question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donna Lutheran

I need to a text field to accept spaces, such as in a full name field. I don’t want it to accept special characters, just as would cause a SQL injection error.
    I don’t see that class type. I just purchased the pro version of jquery validation for contact form 7

i manage a lot of sites under the University of Pittsburgh but have only used it on a staging site so far that is not live yet.

Donna Lutheran

just to clarify, what I figured out what I need is a custom code class. I’m just not sure how I should specify it for letters, numbers and spaces. If someone has name First Last name, I want to allow it but if someone puts First name <?>, Last name, I want it to cause an error.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Its better to have different field for First Name, Middle Name and Last name. This will avoid to keep the space in name.

Thanks

Donna Lutheran

We have display names for one of our fields so we need to allow space. Also, I need spaces for text area fields. I’m not trying to eliminate spaces but for security reasons, our purpose for the validation is to prevent SQL injection. also, there is a class for letters_space in the plugin in the documentation so that will work. I’d like to figure out how to altar it though to include periods too. ie.. Dr. Elizabeth Jones, MD. I don’t know php very well or jquery so it will be a challenge for me. All in all, spaces will work for now. thanks for your reply.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

I am so sorry but as of now we don’t have such validations.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘validation question’ is closed to new replies.