Ability to Disable WP Comments and WP Login protection

Home Forums WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam Ability to Disable WP Comments and WP Login protection

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Zack Ellington.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zack Ellington
    Participant

Hi there,

On one of our client sites, we like to use WP Armour Pro to guard Formidable Forms, but since we use Thrive Comments plugin, users are unable to publish WordPress comments. They receive this error: https://docs.cloudhostwp.com/share/8881956/7pakrmkeulpycu4wwiuz

While it would be great to have support for Thrive Comments, I think it would be more useful to have the ability to toggle off protection for WP Comments and WP Login just like we can for the other integrations.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Zack,

Can you please send me the comment form of the site ? I will check and let you know. Also, are you having trouble with Login FOrm as well ? If so please send the Login form url as well.

Thanks

Zack Ellington

Thank you Dinesh! I had to disable it on the live site, so I put it on a test site here: https://freedombenefits.dig.dev/ut-consequatur-reprehenderit-officia-nam/

This has the Thrive Comments and WP Armour plugins active.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Zack,

What about the login form ? Which form you are using ?

For Thrive, can you please keep this staging site till next week ? I will send support for Thrive Theme.

Thanks

Zack Ellington

Sure thing! If any additional access is needed (such as WP login or SFTP, just let me know and I can provide via email).

I haven’t had any issues with the login form, that was just an example I was providing for having the option to disable the WP Armour protection on a ‘per component’ basis for the native WP Comments, WP Login form, etc. while still being able to WP Armour active for other components, similar to how you already have it set up for the Integrations tab: https://docs.cloudhostwp.com/l/URuG8z That would allow me to keep Formidable Forms protection for the client site while disabling WP Armour for Comments since Thrive Comments isn’t currently compatible.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Zack,

Are you using plugin called Thrive Comments to enable comment in your theme ?

Thanks

Zack Ellington

That’s correct – the plugin is called Thrive Comments and it overrides the native WP Comments component.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Zack,

That makes sense. I used to just install Thrive Theme and it was working fine with comment form.

I have written to Thrive Support regarding and hooks / js triggers that we can use add the support.

Thanks

Zack Ellington

Excellent. Thank you Dinesh! You have a terrific plugin!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Ability to Disable WP Comments and WP Login protection’ is closed to new replies.