Commercial woff2 fonts not being served

Home Forums Use Any Fonts Commercial woff2 fonts not being served

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Melisa Clement
    Participant

Hi, I’ve got a WordPress site hosted on Bluehost which is using the Use Any Font plugin. I was able to upload the woff2 files for this font (SafiraMarch) just fine and I can see them taking affect in my page design within WordPress. However, when I try to view the website, the new font is not being rendered. I have cleared the server side cache, and the browser cache. In the Chrome Developer Tools, I do not see the woff2 file being downloaded. I have also tried changing the Use Any Font setting to use absolute paths. No luck so far. What am I doing wrong?

Melisa Clement
    Participant

Btw, the website is melisaclementdesigns.com.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Melisa,

I tried checking your site url, but getting DNS resolution error. Can you please fix and allow me to see the site. I will check and try finding the cause.

Thanks

Melisa Clement
    Participant

Hi Dinesh. Sorry about that. I had tried to remove Cloudflare as a WAF proxy suspecting it might be caching fonts. It should be good now. Please try again when you have a chance.

Melisa Clement
    Participant

I’ve done quite a bit more troubleshooting. I can see that the safira march font I am trying to use referenced in many of the css files including uaf, however this font is not used when the browser renders the pages. Neither do I see any woff2 files being downloaded by the browser. I have it set to be used in all headings and links.

This is what the safira march font should look like for the site title: https://www.dafont.com/safira-march.font?text=MELISA+CLEMENT+DESIGNS

However, what is being rendered appears to be LTC Bodoni 175. I had used that font in the past as part of the adobe font pack plugin. However, I entirely removed that plugin. So it is a complete mystery how it could still be used. I have cleared the cache on both ends.

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Melissa,

I am unable to see the site still. Getting this errror https://tinyurl.com/ywuel2hd

Regarding the font, our plugin is unable to convert that font to woff and woff2. I tried with desktop software to test and got the same result. So may be we should use different font that look similar to it.

Thanks

Melisa Clement
    Participant

Hi Dinesh. I’m sorry. Cloudflare has messed with my domain settings tonight. I’m not able to access the website either.

However, I did want to tell you that I bought a commercial web license for this safira march font. Using the uaf plugin, I was able to upload the woff2 files that came with the font package into WordPress just fine. Like I mentioned earlier, I can see the fonts being used in the WordPress design view for the header templates. However, when I try to view the website externally, I don’t see the fonts being rendered or downloaded. Will let you know when my website is working again. Hopefully you will be able to take another look. Sorry about the connectivity troubles.

Melisa Clement
    Participant

Hi Dinesh, My website melisaclementdesigns.com is back up. Please give another try if you can find a moment. Thank you!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Melisa,

I am sorry for the late reply due to weekend. Your website is live but i am unable to see anything except header and menu. This is what it look like here. https://tinyurl.com/yvc2cbwt

Thanks

Melisa Clement
    Participant

Hi Dinesh, Can you please take another look when you get a chance?

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Melisa,

I can see many version of the font safiramarch uploaded. However, it has been assigned to home page. Can you please asisgn it from our font assign section or from your theme is that option is available.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Commercial woff2 fonts not being served’ is closed to new replies.