IP addresses unnecessarily getting blocked from website

Home Forums WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam IP addresses unnecessarily getting blocked from website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    katie matlock
    Participant

Hi there,

We installed WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam and WP Armour Extended – Honeypot Anti Spam on to one of our client’s websites a few weeks ago. They had an issue where someone attempted to run a large number of cards through their website so we installed these plugins to have a honeypot run on the checkout page to reduce these fraudulent checkouts.(We are using WooCommerce for the store functionality).

Unfortunately since installing this plugin, we’ve had problems with people trying to go on the website and end up being blocked. For example, a lot of the staff working for our client can’t access the website. I was able to get to the WP admin login page but if I try and go on to the actual website, I would also get blocked. We ended up having to disable the plugins for now.

However we would love to be able to have these plugins reactivated to ensure better security at checkout. If you have any advice on what could be done to avoid people getting blocked from accessing the website, it would be much appreciated especially as this has a big impact on their business sales.

#493660 Reply
    Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

Some login form are not fully supported by our plugin and this case it can happen. So can you please send me your link to the login page ? I will check and send the new update for this fixes.

Thanks

#493713 Reply
    katie matlock
    Participant

Hi Dinesh,

To clarify, we’re not referring to the login form. The issue is that if someone just went to the website (e.g. landed on the home page), they were just getting blocked straight away. There were no issues with going to the WP Admin login page. Just using the website in general seems to be the issue.

I sent an email as well with details of the website in question. We’ve had to disable the plugin for now so that people could continue to use the website. If you’re able to reply to our email and happy to provide access if needed.

Thank you.

#493735 Reply
    Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

In most of the cases, when someone tries to submit the form including login form, those IPs are recorded if it gets marked as spam (If you have enabled IP block and IP record settings). And this might block them to access the site.

In most of the cases we have found that this happens from Login Form if others forms are working fine. So i wanted to test on this.

Thanks

#493851 Reply
    katie matlock
    Participant

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you – I will send an email with details of the URL as I’m not keen to share publicly, but this makes more sense now. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: IP addresses unnecessarily getting blocked from website
Your information: