Questions about my IP and login attempts in the plugin

Home Forums WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam Questions about my IP and login attempts in the plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl Dimof
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve been having some login issues recently on my website. I do not think they are related to this plugin…however, it has caused me to go in and check to see what the plugin is considering “Spam.”

I found my IP address (I am website admin) under “Spammer IP” and a bunch of my login attempts (I am logged in as admin already but my login is getting redirected so I tried logging in a bunch of times, unsuccessfully, in different browers to test) under “Spam Submissions.”

As I had my IP whitelisted from the time I set up the plugin, I was surprised to find it under “Spammer IP” but clicked to unblock it there.

But now I am concerned that, perhaps, it is blocking not only bots (it has been helpful with this) but also valid users.

Also, I want to double-check that this plugin does NOT set up any redirect from wp-login.php if it thinks that someone is a spammer? The issue I’m having is that wp-login.php is redirecting to my custom login page, which then will not work if wp-login.php is redirected BUT I cannot even find where a redirect is set up like this and I have searched everywhere I can think of that a redirect would be.

Thanks.

#492217 Reply
    Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Cheryl,

Can you please send me your login form ? I will check on this and try finding the cause for it.

Thanks

#492333 Reply
    Cheryl

Well, I seem to have the login issue fixed. I can log in now and there’s no longer the unintentional redirect — though I fortunately found a way to redirect my wp-login.php while keeping my custom login working. Thanks for your offer of help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Questions about my IP and login attempts in the plugin
Your information: