Still getting fake BuddyPress registrations

Home Forums WP Armour – Honeypot Anti Spam Still getting fake BuddyPress registrations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lenny Miller
    Participant

I’m receiving about 40 fake registrations/day on our BuddyPress (bbpress) installation. Most of the email addresses appear to be valid, but all the usernames entered are clearly random text. These registrations are never “validated”, but they each result in a “Pending” user being created. I’ve now had 1000’s generated that I need to manually delete. I purchased WP Armour Extended a few days ago, hoping the honey pot would catch these fake registrations, but it does not appear to have made any difference. I’ve enabled Level 2 Spam Check, but it has not made a difference, either. Any suggestions on how to thwart these fake registrations would be appreciated!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Lenny,

Can you send me the link of your BuddyPress registration ? I will check and confirm if it is being protected as expected.

Thanks

Lenny Miller
    Participant

It is:

Register

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Lenny,

Found that this registration page is not from BuddyPress. Seems like you are using another plugins for registration and login. Can you please let me know which one you are using ?

Thanks

Lenny Miller

Hi Dinesh,

I’m not sure how to determine that. My best guess is the Youzify plugin. Here’s a list of plugins that look to me like potential candidates:

Aardvark: A required plugin for the Aardvark theme you purchased from ThemeForest. It includes a number of features that you can still use if you switch to another theme.
    bbp style pack: This plugin adds styling and features to bbPress
    bbpress: bbPress is forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress
    BuddyPress: BuddyPress adds community features to WordPress. Member Profiles, Activity Streams, Direct Messaging, Notifications, and more!
    BuddyPress Xprofile Custom Field Types: Have all the extra field types at your disposal.
    Envato Market: WordPress Theme & Plugin management for the Envato Market.
    Youzify: Youzify is a WordPress Community, Social Network and User Profiles management solution with a Secure Membership System, Front-end Account Settings, Powerful Admin Panel, Many Header Styles, +20 Profile Widgets, 16 Color Schemes, Advanced Author Widgets, Fully Responsive Design, Extremely Customizable and a Bunch of Unlimited Features provided by KaineLabs.

I can send you a screen shot of ALL my plugins if that would be helpful (tho I don’t know how to post that).

Thank you!

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Lenny,

Ya, it is Youzify. As it replaces Buddypress registration and login system with its own form.

As of now we don’t have support for Youzify. I will get its copy and see if we can add support in next release.

Thanks

Lenny Miller
    Participant

OK, thx for the update. FYI, WP Armour is listed as a solution for Youzify at this site: https://kainelabs.ticksy.com/article/17430/

Please let me know if/when this functionality is added. Until then, I think WP Armour is not applicable to our site, so could we get a refund?

Thank you

Dinesh
    Keymaster

Hi Lenny,

Can you please send me your API key at dnesscarkey (@) gmail (.) com. I will process the refund.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Still getting fake BuddyPress registrations’ is closed to new replies.